Pine State University, May 2019:
George Tang, Ethan Carter, Anita Bryant, and Dorothy Hernandez are 21
(Mona Wiggins is 23)
“Hey,” Ethan says when he corners Dorothy in the dorm kitchen one morning. “How about you and I slip off to my room and get to know each other better?” He grins and wiggles his eyebrows up and down.
Dorothy scowls. “What? I’m dating your best friend, in case you’ve forgotten.”
Ethan laughs. “That’s what I wanted to hear. I was just testing you, to make sure you’re not like the last girl he dated.”
“I don’t sleep with every guy I see,” Dorothy tells him.
“Good,” Ethan says, nodding. “But you know, if you ever change your mind, my door is always unlocked.”
George and Dorothy have been casually dating for a few months now. They spend a lot of time together, sometimes studying in his room.
Sometimes working on other activities in and out of their rooms.
But what are they exactly? George isn’t sure. After investing so much time into his relationship with Catherine and having it all tossed aside like it was nothing really hurt him. He likes Dorothy, but a part of him is still a bit nervous to really open up and call her his girlfriend.
“I checked her out for you,” Ethan says. “I offered up my excellent services in the bedroom, but she wasn’t buying. This one is not like Catherine.”
“Even Catherine wouldn’t sleep with you,” George pointed out.
“Not that I didn’t try,” Ethan says.
George knows he should just talk to Dorothy and let them figure out what they are together. But he’s never been good with the deep talking. Catherine never liked deep talks, she always just told you how it was. He kind of fell into being Catherine’s boyfriend. And outside of Catherine, he doesn’t have much experience with women.
He tries to take his mind off his relationship/not-a-relationship drama. Two-Bit Karma is doing well, playing a lot of new gigs at various bars and clubs around town.
But as much as he loves performing, it never seems to keep all the worries away for long.
Ethan has his own troubles and can’t help George anymore than he already has. Mona has been ignoring his calls lately or saying she is too busy to hang out. He practically had to beg her to meet him at a bar near campus for a night out.
He eyes her outfit when she arrives. “Not that I’m complaining about the cleavage,” he says, “but why exactly are you in your gym clothes?”
“Because,” she snaps, “I was at the gym when you called and wouldn’t leave me alone until I agreed to come. So fine, I’m here and you get me in sweaty gym clothes. Deal with it.”
“Did I do something to make you mad?” Ethan asks. “Because if I did, I’m completely lost and it would help if you’d just tell me.”
“I’m not mad,” Mona says. “Are we going to dance or just stand here talking all night?”
Mona isn’t quiet for very long during their dancing before she says, “What exactly are you doing?”
“Well, stop. You’re embarrassing me. Let’s just sit down.”
Maybe it’s the sight of the cleavage in the sports bra or the fact that Mona has left him high and dry when it comes to bedroom activities lately, but Ethan can’t resist. When they sit down, he’s all over her, already scoping out a more private place where they can sneak off for a few minutes.
But Mona pushes him away. “Ugh, get off!”
“What?” Ethan asks.
“I am not in the mood for that right now,” Mona says.
Ethan rolls his eyes. “You seem to never be in the mood for anything lately.”
“What does that mean?”
“It means I’m dying here,” Ethan says. “Just two minutes. I’ll be quick.”
“Ugh,” Mona says, sighing. “I need a drink.”
Ethan watches her walk away, feeling completely baffled as to what’s going on in her head. Who is this person? Has she been possessed by a demon?
He joins her at the bar, careful to keep a safe distance in case she decides to start throwing glasses at him. Mona doesn’t even look his way, but begins talking to the bartender.
“What do you do when your boyfriend is an immature pervert who can’t keep his pants on for more than five seconds and doesn’t really care about you outside of the bedroom?” she asks.
Boyfriend? Ethan wonders when exactly he became her boyfriend. They had never discussed that. True, they never discussed much because most of their interaction had always taken place in bed. Or in an elevator. Or the backseat of her car. Or her living room couch. And occasionally, when they were feeling extra frisky, Madison’s bed while she was at work.
But Ethan isn’t about to let Mona have the last say here. He gets the bartender’s attention.
“What do you do when your girlfriend is being a total bitch for no apparent reason?”
The bartender looks between the two of them. “Sorry, but I think this is one that I’m staying out of. You’ll have to figure it out for yourselves.”
George and Dorothy try to finish up their final assignments for their classes in the campus library. George believes he’s read the same paragraph at least ten times already and still doesn’t know a word that it says.
Maybe he should just go for it. He clears his throat.
“What…I mean, what exactly are we doing?”
“Studying?” she asks, not looking away from her laptop.
“No.” George closes his book. “I mean, us. Are we just hanging out, dating, or what?”
Dorothy looks at him. “Or what?”
“Would you call me your friend or your boyfriend?” George asks.
Dorothy laughs a little, even though he feels terrified at the question. “Well, I don’t make it a habit of sleeping with my friends, George. I think I’d call you my boyfriend.”
He lets out a long breath. “Really?”
“Yeah. Unless you don’t want to be…?”
“No,” he says quickly. “I do. I just…wanted to make sure.”
She smiles and reaches over to slip her hand in his. “Everything okay now?”
He grins back at her. “Yeah. Everything’s great.”
- The college group has “graduated” now. There’s no real university in TS3 right now, but I do have a university area sectioned off with dorms, a library, stadium, student union, and administration building. I had them all do a bit of skill work and take a class at some of the rabbitholes around town in order to do their studies. I won’t have another group of college students for a few rounds, so I’ll have time to work out specific college details later on.
- I have no idea what was wrong with Mona! She showed up looking depressed and in her gym clothes, and then just pouted the whole time. She and Ethan are listed as girlfriend/boyfriend but she pushed him away when he tried to kiss her and then walked off to get a drink, leaving him sitting there alone, lol. We’ll explore this some more next round when I play Mona/Anna/Madison’s household.
- George and Dorothy, however, are cute together. They were always kissed and chatting with each other.
- I didn’t bring Anita’s girlfriend Hazel over to TS3 mainly because I didn’t want to create her and find a place for her to live. I figured maybe they’ve broken up by now and Anita can date other people if she wants. I also didn’t bring over George’s ex-girlfriend Catherine. We’ll say that she moved to a different dorm this semester so she wouldn’t have to see George and Dorothy.
- George and Ethan will be moving into an apartment together, and then I’ll probably put Anita and Dorothy into a small house or apartment together too.
- You know who TS3 Ethan makes me think of? Disney’s Tarzan. It took me a while to figure out who he reminded me of, but that’s it. I don’t know if it’s the hair or the face or what.